2018 Specialty Shows and All Breed Obedience Trials.
Please join us for the Chattahoochee Springer Spaniel Club of Greater Atlanta’s 2018 Specialty Shows and All Breed Obedience Trials. Come on out and join us for this showing of some of the top English Springer Spaniels from all over the country. This is the largest ESS event of this kind in the southeast. Admission is free, parking is plentiful, and the dogs are beautiful, so come on out.
Where: These events are held at the Gwinnett County Fairgrounds Main Building, 2405 Sugarloaf Parkway, Lawrenceville, GA 30045.
When: Saturday & Sunday, January 20th & 21st, 2017
What to Expect:
- The specialties feature Sweepstakes, Regular Classes, 4–6-Month Beginner Puppy Classes, Junior Showmanship.
- Raffle, Vendors,
- Handling Clinic
- Eye clinic
- Complimentary continental breakfast each day.
- Complimentary Dinner on Friday, January 19th from 5:30 – 7:00 pm.
- CESSCGA will host a complimentary wine and cheese Yappy Hour after Saturday judging.
- The Parade of Rescue is tentatively scheduled for 3:00pm on Saturday, the 21st.
- This means it won’t start before 3:00, but could start later if judging is delayed.
- All-Breed and Canine Partner Obedience Trials.
- Sign up for amateur-owner handled competition.
- Friday afternoon Rent-A-Ring, so you can practice in the ring where you will show – Click here to sign up for Rent-a-Ring.
- Reserve your Electrical Power here.
- Lunches _ Sorry, Lunch orders are no longer being taken…
- Get a copy of the Premium.
From the South – Take I-85 North to Exit 106, (GA Hwy 316 East on your right). Continue on Hwy 316 to Sugarloaf Parkway. Turn Right on Sugarloaf. Follow Sugarloaf Parkway approximately 5-1/2 miles to the Gwinnett County Fairgrounds on your left. Turn left onto Davis Road.
From the North – Take I-85 South to Exit 109 (Sugarloaf Parkway). Turn Left onto Sugarloaf. Follow Sugarloaf Parkway approximately 9 miles to Gwinnett County Fairgrounds on your left. Turn left onto Davis Road.
(The entrance to the Exhibit Hall is accessed from Davis Road)
Accommodations: Pet Friendly Hotels in the vicinity include:
- Homewood Suites – Hilton (Host Hotel); 770-277-1243, 1775 North Brown Road, Lawrenceville, GA 30043 30043; Mention Chattahochee ESS Show. King Suite w/sleeper sofa: $89.00+tax;2 Queen Suite w/sleeper sofa:$89.00+tax; $25 per one time pet fee; free breakfast 7:30-10:00 am; 15 minutes, 8.2 miles to show site.
- LaQuinta Inn – Duluth; 678-957-0500; 2370 Stephens Center Drive, Duluth, GA 30096; Rates start at $92.00+tax; 12 minutes / 12 minutes, 8.52 miles to Show Site.
- Holiday Inn – Gwinnett Center; 770-476-2022; 6310 Sugarloaf Parkway, Duluth, GA 30097; Rates start at $94.00+tax; $25 per night pet fee/2 pets per room; 16 minutes, 10.5 miles to Show Site.
Ownership, rates and rules can change. Please confirm all information when booking your room. Please clean up after your dogs.
RV Parking is also available on site at the Fairgrounds. $25.00 per night. Electricity only. No water available. Click HERE to make your reservations.
Doggie Rules: If your dog will be with you at this event, please familiarize yourself with these instructions:
- All dogs must be on a short leash (4’ MAX). No Flexi type leads allowed in the building.
- Please ask permission to approach a pet or show dog. Do not allow your dog to interact with another dog without the owner’s permission.
- No children under 12 should handle a dog in the building unless they are in the ring.
- No dogs are allowed in the food area.
- Bring your own water dish for your dog.
- Clean up after your dog at the show site and at the motel.
- Be sure to walk your dog outside FREQUENTLY. Do not allow your dog to urinate inside the building. Scoops & buckets will be provided outside of the event facility.
- KEEP YOUR ATTENTION ON YOUR DOG. There will be a lot of dogs, people, strange sounds and smells at this event; all in close quarters. This can be very stressful for any dog. Be sure to watch your dog for signs of stress and remove him/her from the building when needed to relax.